Signet Insurance Group provides a number of insurance policies for individuals, motorists, and businesses across the great States of Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Texas, and California. As an independent insurance agency, with decades of combined experience, we strive to provide a higher standard of service and customize the policy according to your specific needs. Among the insurance policies we provide, we can tailor an Umbrella insurance policy for you.
What is an Umbrella Insurance Policy?
Basically, extra insurance that provides protection beyond existing limits and coverages of other policies is umbrella insurance. Coverage for property damage, injuries, certain lawsuits, and personal liability situations is provided with umbrella insurance.
How Does an Umbrella Insurance Policy Work?
In two primary and important ways, umbrella insurance policy helps protect your assets and your future.
1) When your auto, homeowners, and boat insurance policies limits are exhausted, umbrella insurance may provide coverage.
2) Including claims like false arrest, slander, libel, and liability coverage on rental units you own, umbrella insurance provides coverage for claims that may be excluded by other liability policies.
What Does Umbrella Insurance Cover?
Coverage beyond the limits of your other insurance policies, or for claims that may not be covered by liability policies is provided with umbrella insurance. Generally, provides liability coverage under umbrella insurance includes:
– Personal liability circumstances
– Property damage
– Certain lawsuits
Examples of Umbrella Policy Coverage
Bodily Injury Liability– Because of the accident, bodily injury liability covers the injuries sustained by another person. Including the cost of medical bills and/or liability claims due to injuries caused by the following examples:
– A serious auto accident where the fault is yours.
– Your dog causes harm to others.
– A guest has an accidental fall.
– A neighbor’s child is injured while playing in your yard
Property Damage Liability– Any damage or loss to another person’s tangible property is covered with this. Due to an auto accident where you are at fault, this helps cover the cost associated with damage to vehicles and other.
Property Owners of Rental Units– As a landlord, this help protect against liability that you may face. Examples include the cost of liability claims due to:
– Being sued for damages if someone trips over a crack in the sidewalk of your rental property.
– You being held responsible for the injuries if your tenant’s dog bites someone.
If You are Sued for the Following List Below, Coverage is also Provided:
– Mental Anguish/ Shock
– Malicious Prosecution
– False arrest, Imprisonment, or Detention.
What Do Umbrella Policies Not Cover?
Generally, umbrella policy does not provide cover the following:
– Damage to your personal property/ your injuries
– You cause damage to someone else through a criminal or intentional action
– Liability you assume under a contract.
Home, Business & Auto Insurance Agency in Henderson, North LV, Reno, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sunrise Manor, Paradise & Las Vegas, NV
When you are ready to get the umbrella insurance, contact Signet Insurance Group and let our experts find you the best policy! We can help you find umbrella insurance that fits your needs.
Licensed Insurance Broker in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Texas and California