Every business is never truly safe unless they have a quality insurance policy with great workers compensation. Workers compensation is essential. If your employees get hurt, sick, or even pass away while at work, the company will need to provide financial aid for the employee or their family. To better understand the role and how workers compensation helps both business and employees, Signet Insurance Group would like to share everything you need to know about workers compensation.
What is Workers Compensation?
Worker’s compensation, which is also frequently called workers’ comp or workman’s comp, is a type of insurance that provides different types of financial support such as wage replacement and medical benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a direct result of their job. Workers compensation is designed to protect both employees and employers by ensuring that injured workers receive financial support without draining the business’s assets. Workers compensation will also ensure employers are protected from lawsuits related to workplace injuries or illnesses.
How Does Workers Compensation Work?
• Coverage: Employers will need to purchase workers’ compensation insurance from an insurance provider. Workers compensation insurance covers the cost for any employees who are injured or become ill on the job.
• Reporting Injuries: When an employee has been injured or becomes ill due to or while on the job, they must first report the incident to their employer as soon as possible. The employers are then responsible for reporting the incident to their workers’ compensation insurance provider.
• Medical Treatment: An injured or ill employee is then entitled to receive medical treatment for their work related injury or illness. In some cases the employee may even be able to choose their own doctor, or they may need to select from a list given by their employer’s insurance providers.
• Wage Replacement: Workers’ compensation also provides partial wage replacement for injured or ill employees. As they are unable to work due to their condition, workers compensation will provide them with some financial support. The amount of wage replacement usually depends on the employee’s wage before the incident as well as the severity of the injury or illness.
• Vocational Rehabilitation: In some cases, injured or ill employees may require assistance, physical therapy in order to return to work or finding a new job that they are capable of doing with their current physical limitations. Workers’ compensation may cover the cost of vocational rehabilitation services, such as job training or job placement assistance.
• Permanent Disability: If the employee’s injury or illness has resulted in permanent disability, they may be eligible for long-term wage replacement. Usually permanent disability comes in the form of a lump sum payment or ongoing payments.
• Death Benefits: If an employee dies as a result of the workplace such as an injury or illness, their dependents may be eligible for death benefits. Death benefits can include financial compensation and also coverage for funeral expenses.
Home, Business, Life & Auto Insurance Agency in Henderson, North LV, Reno, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sunrise Manor, Paradise & Las Vegas, NV
It is very important that all businesses carry a quality workers compensation policy. Even in an office someone can slip and fall. To ensure your business and your employees get the needed help, contact Signet Insurance Group for quality business and workers compensation insurance.
Licensed Insurance Broker in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Texas and California