What Insurance Do I Need if I Live with My Girlfriend in Las Vegas, NV? Auto, Homeowners or Rental?

If you have decided to take the plunge and move in with your significant other, it’s a big step in your relationship. There are many people that choose to see if they can cohabitate before taking the next step into marriage. If you have decided to move in together, you need to think about some things like insurance and what that is going to look like. Signet Insurance Group is here to talk about some different types of insurance and what you need to do when living together without being married.

Auto Insurance

It used to be difficult to share auto insurance with someone that you weren’t related to or married to. However, in recent years, more and more people are living together and auto insurance companies have made some shifts so that their coverage can accommodate these couples. Even if you have two separate policies, many insurance companies will require that you list all of the people in the household as at the very least, excluded drivers. However, many companies don’t have any problem listing your significant other on your auto insurance policy now. You can combine your policies so that you can simplify your life. It can be beneficial to do it this way because you can usually get a multi-vehicle discount as well.

Homeowners Insurance

If you or your significant other own the home, homeowners insurance will be required. This is a little more tricky that auto insurance though. Depending on the insurance company, they may approach unmarried couples differently. However, if there is only one name on the deed to the home, that person and all of their personal possessions will be covered under the homeowners insurance umbrella. Their partner may not be. Their personal belongings will more than likely not be covered under that policy. Checking with your insurance company is wise to make sure you don’t need to add them to the policy. If you are both on the deed, many insurance companies don’t have any problem writing a joint policy to make sure everyone is covered completely.

Renters Insurance

Many people choose to rent their home rather than buy. If this is the case, you want to make sure you have renters insurance to cover your personal belongings in the case that there is theft, fire, flood or other disasters that leave you with damaged possessions. You want to make sure your personal property is covered. In this case, you will both need to have renters insurance to cover your own property and it usually isn’t a joint policy until you decide to tie the knot.

Home, Business & Auto Insurance Agency in Henderson, North LV, Reno, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sunrise Manor, Paradise & Las Vegas, NV

If you’re looking for insurance coverage that will ensure your personal property and home are covered in the case that disaster strikes, you can turn to Signet Insurance Group to help you find the coverage you need. We will make sure that you don’t have to worry about what coverage you have when tragedy strikes and can focus on what is most important. Call us today!

Licensed Insurance Broker in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Texas and California



Call Now Button