Homeowner insurance is something that is unavoidable. You would never want such a large investment to sit unprotected anyway. When it comes to choosing the right insurance for your home, you want to make sure you get it right. If you should have to use your insurance for any reason, you want to make sure you have the coverage that you need. Signet Insurance Group is here to share some mistakes that homeowners should try and avoid when choosing the right homeowner insurance for their house.
Common Home Insurance Mistakes to Avoid
There are several mistakes that are common among homeowners when selecting insurance for their homes. Following is what you should avoid doing when you’re choosing the right policy:
– Assuming Floods are Covered: Don’t make the mistake of thinking that floods are automatically covered by your home insurance. You need to have specific flood insurance if you live in an area where flooding is something that happens occasionally.
– Not Comparing Prices: You should know going in that not all companies are going to charge the same price for insurance. The insurance premiums from one company to another can fluctuate by quite a bit. You should always shop around for the best coverage for the best price before settling on any insurance policy.
– Not Insuring Replacement Value Rather than Market Value: When you’re looking for home insurance, you need to make sure that you are insuring your home based off the replacement value rather than the market value. Make sure you have the coverage you need to replace the home rather than what you can sell it for. The value might be different.
– Choosing a High Deductible: The better price on the coverage might be tempting when you choose a higher deductible. However, this can come back and bite you if you ever have to file a claim. You don’t want to be faced with a super high deductible just to save a few bucks on the annual cost of the policy. You might not have the emergency fund to cover that high deductible.
– Underestimating Personal Belongings: Most people grossly underestimate the value of their personal belongings. You want to make sure to come up with an accurate number so that you can replace your things if something were to happen to your house.
– Failing to Notify Insurer of Major Changes: If you make any big changes to your house like a large kitchen remodel, new roof, or other wide scale project, it can come back and hurt you later. These changes might mean that you need additional coverage.
Home, Business, Life & Auto Insurance Agency in Henderson, North LV, Reno, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sunrise Manor, Paradise & Las Vegas, NV
If you are trying to find the right home insurance for your house, you can leave the work up to the pros at Signet Insurance Group. We will find you the best coverage for the best price so that you aren’t overpaying for your insurance coverage. Call us today!
Licensed Insurance Broker in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Texas and California