There isn’t much that can give you as much freedom as driving can. This is likely one of the reasons that most teenagers are so excited to get their drivers licenses. It can be an exciting time for everyone that is not involved in footing the bill for a teen driver. If you have children that have reached driving age, you more than likely know how expensive it can be to insure them. Luckily, there are some things that you can do to help save money when you have a teen driver. Signet Insurance Group is here to talk about to save money when insuring your teens driver.
How Can a New Teenage Driver Save Money on Insurance?
If you gasped when you found out how much your insurance premiums were going to go up when your teenager became eligible for driving, you are not alone. Here are some things that you can do to help curb the costs of insuring a teenage driver:
– Add Young Drivers to Your Policy: Rather than opening up a brand new policy for your teenage driver, consider adding them to your policy instead. If you are a safe driver and are driving reliable cars, you will find that it is exponentially cheaper this way. They will ask you What Car your teenager will be driving so make sure you are choosing the safest car that you own.
– Increase Your Insurance Deductible: A deductible is the amount of money you will be paying out of pocket if you need to make a claim. If it is possible, consider increasing your deductible to help you save money. You might pay more in the case of an accident, but on a month to month basis you will see a savings.
– Watch for Insurance Discounts: There are some discounts that might be available to you when you have a teenage driver as well. If your teenager is a good student, there is a good chance that your insurance company will give you a discount as good students are proven less likely to get in an accident. If your teenager is older and getting ready to head to college you might be able to find discounts for that as well. Always be on the watch for discounts as these can help save each month.
– Attend Driving School: If it is possible, send your teenager to driving school. Not only will this help make them a better driver in the long run, but it will also help you save money on your auto insurance.
– Teach Teens Defensive Driving Skills: nothing will make your insurance skyrocket like an accident or ticket on your teenager’s record. Teaching them some defensive driving skills will help them avoid these situations and help you avoid sky high insurance premiums.
Home, Business, Life & Auto Insurance Agency in Henderson, North LV, Reno, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sunrise Manor, Paradise & Las Vegas, NV
If you are looking for affordable auto insurance, you can turn to Signet Insurance Group to help you find the best rates. Call us today!
Licensed Insurance Broker in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Texas and California